Music Technology - Dr. Jason Freeman (http://distributedmusic.gatech.edu/jason/)
⏷⏷ Course Syllabus Videos⏷⏷
0. Introduction - https://bit.ly/3aqDREN
1. the Basics of Sound - https://bit.ly/3fSGXmc
lessons in acoustics, psychoacoustics, timbre, digital representation of sound, and
spectral representation of sound.
2. Digital Audio Workstations - https://bit.ly/3gZayMe
DAW history and key features, music representation, recording and editing audio in a DAW,
effects and automations, and aesthetic context.
3. Working With MIDI - https://bit.ly/3gXW4fn
MIDI specification (history, structure, limitations), real and virtual MIDI devices,
and MIDI sequencing in the DAW.
4. Algorithmic Composition Basic Techniques - https://bit.ly/3h2Zgqc
Basics of Python programming and the EarSketch API and the history and practice of
5. Algorithmic Composition Advanced - https://bit.ly/30Y2FkI
Advanced topics in algorithmic programming for music including stochastic composition,
chance music, process music, and modeling.
6. Future Directions - https://bit.ly/3fVEN59
Describing the core research areas in computer music and their future directions.
music information retrieval, live coding, machine musicianship, new musical interfaces,
mobile music, and networked music.
*NOTE:* The Survey of Music Technology course close new enrollments on September 24th, 2018
on Coursera (https://www.coursera.org/learn/music-technology).
I uploaded this videos for Historical Reasons